From only $529.41 per person
The mountainous escarpment of Mpumalanga provides us with stunning views of the Lowveld. In these rugged mountains, the plateau comes to an abrupt and dramatic halt, falling steeply away into the Lowveld. This can be seen at God’s Window and Wonder view.
|Hazyview via Long Tom to Johannesburg|
Day: 1 Johannesburg to Magoebaskloof ( 415km )
A wonderful ride will take us to the land of Magoebaskloof adventures in Limpopo Province where the mountain meets the river, home of the legendary rain queen.
Some of the things to do are:
- A visit to the wildlife rehabilitation centre and the Elephant Museum are extremely interesting.
- Experience the thrill of sliding through the forest on a 2.5 hour Tarzan and Jane style adventure. Or take a scenic walk to the waterfall.
- Take a tour at Wegraakbosh Organic Cheese Dairy. Taste and watch cheese being made in the traditional way.
This wonderful destination offers a range of adventures and activities. A perfect ending to your adventures day at one of the most luxurious local hotels.
Day 2: Magoebaskloof to Hazyview ( 271km )
This is an amazing ride after good night’s rest and breakfast through the beautiful mountainous area in the Limpopo Province moving into Mpumalanga province.
Hazyview/Sabie is known as the main hub in Mpumalanga for Adventures and Activities. It is also a motorcyclists paradise.
Below we prepared a list of activities available to you apart from all the beautiful sight-seeing:
- Elephant back Safari- This is a unique and memorable experience of interacting with Africa’s gentle giants.
- Hot Air Balloon Flights-Flights last approximately 1 hour. Depending on the wind direction, the balloon may flat over fruit orchards and bush, or forests and hills.
- River Rafting- A memorable experience along the river through the natural bush of the Sabie River Valley is a break in the heart of nature.
- A tour to the Sabie Valley Coffee plant showing the complete method of manufacturing coffee and allowing a chance to taste the finished product as well as purchase this great taste to take home.
- A visit to Shangana Cultural Village where local craftspeople work and trade their crafts at the busy African market it’s a must!
- An optional quad bike ride through trails in the area is also available. Enjoy the great experience and excitement of riding through scenic rivine areas, indigenous bush and farmlands in and around Sabie River Valley.
This is followed by a luxury stay at the Hippo Hollow Country Estate Hotel on the banks of the Sabie River with a taste of Shangana Culture.
Hazyview – God’s Window
Shangana Tribal Dance
Day 3: Hazyview via Long Tom to Johannesburg ( 400km )
On your way back to Johannesburg you will ride through Long Tom Pass on a typically fresh Mpumalanga morning after breakfast in Hazyview.
Long Tom Pass was built Between Lydenburg and Sabie as an alternative route for the waggoneers of the 1800s to get through to the capital of Mozambique, Lourenco Marques (now Maputo) for trade.
The road passes the summit of Mauchsberg at its highest point at an altitude of 2150 m above sea level.
The road sweeps smoothly through tight corners, sharp climbs and breathtaking views.
Long Tom Cannon
End of tour
Your tour has come to an end.
The return time to the Wild Hogs – African Motorcycle Tours address at 17:00 pm.
We assure you that you will head for home taking fond memories of South Africa back with you.
Transfers to the airport will be arranged.
Dates: Unguided Tours can be done anytime.
Prices are per person sharing. If you require your own private room please add a single supplement.
Should you be bringing a pillion/passenger please add pillion price to the base price.
Prices are quoted in South African Rands (ZAR). Please use our currency converter to check the amount in your own currency.
This tour can be guided on request for a minimum of 3 motorcycles. Add the guide option to your base price should you require one as well as a backup vehicle.
Bike (Base Price)
Should you wish to extend or design a tour, please contact us with your request and we will get back to you.
The Price includes:
- Accommodation is subject to change subject to availability but will be replaced with similar accommodation (4 *)
- All Accommodation includes breakfast and dinner
- All prices are quoted in Rands
- Prices quoted are valid until 30 November 2018
- A security deposit of $1,365.34 on each BMW motorcycle is payable on pick up of the motorcycle and is refunded upon return of the motorcycle
- The riders must have a valid motorcycle licence containing their photograph and signature and must be printed or authenticated in English
- All fuel and unlimited mileage is included on guided tours
- Top boxes and panniers are included in the price
- Should anyone require accessories such as helmets and jackets this is also included in the price
- The price of the guide and the backup vehicle is based on a minimum of 3 persons/motorcycles, should there be less than 3 persons/motorcycles it will be adjusted accordingly
This Price does not include:
- Tour Guide
- Back up vehicle
- Petrol and toll fees
- Visas and cross border fees
- International and local flights
- Items of a personal nature
- All items not mentioned in “Price includes”
- All meals other than those specified in “Price includes”
- All Entrance fees other than those specified in “Price includes”