From only $442.74 per person
This trip is full of opportunities to enjoy pristine nature, explore sites and the vibrant spiritual traditions of the region. We take you deep into the mountains, riding the best trails. You will get a true feel of rural SA with its communal lands and small villages. You will also start to realize that is not just any bike adventure.
|Johannesburg to Clarens|
|Clarens to Lesotho back to Clarens|
|Clarens to Johannesburg|
Day 1: Johannesburg to Clarens ( 300km )
This just over 300 km’s ride will be worth every second.
The small town of Clarens is situated at the foothills of its attractive feature, the Maluti Mountains. It offers beautiful natural surroundings, such as another of its famous mountains, the Rooiberge. Pristine dams, rivers and streams that are ideal for fly fishing and the best Trout fishing spots in South Africa and great grade 3 and 4 water rapids when white water river rafting in the Ash River.
Although the town is over 100 year’s old as it was established in 1912 it’s heritage scene of one of its first inhabitants, Khoisan Hunter-gatherers are shown on the town’s rock art is estimated to be over 2000 years old. And the town’s Dinosaur tour is also proof of prehistoric life in the town billions of years ago.
Some of the attractions in Clarens include the following:
The Art and Wine Gallery covering 439 square meters with beautiful mountain views. Gallery has an exquisite collection of art by well-known artists.
The Bashoto Cultural Village which nestles at the foot of huge sandstone mountains will give you a deeper insight into the lifestyle of the South Sotho from the 16th century to the picturesque present.
Mount Everest Game Reserve gives you access to see rhino, waterbuck and mounting zebra. The Golden Gate national park is also a mere 20km’s from Clarens which is a must see.
Clarens Brewery is must stopover, there is a free tasting of kraft beer and ciders and once you settle on your favourite, you can relax with a draught and enjoy the rest of your evening.
Day 2: Clarens -Leshotho Maluti Mountains ( 300km )
Start your day with breakfast at 278 on Main Restaurant which has built a reputation for serving the best breakfast in Clarens.
Like the dramatic Sani Pass, the steep Moteng Pass also lies in Lesotho, accessed along the R711 from Fouriesburg in the Free State, via the border at Caledonspoort.
It lies in the Maluti Mountains at a height of 2820 metres above sea level, a steep tarred pass that is one of two passes, connecting the town of Butha-Buthe with the diamond mining town of Mokhotlong (the other pass is Mahlasela Pass).
What makes it so spectacular, and differentiates it from the subsequent two passes on the same road, is the extent of the ascent. The pass climbs continuously for almost 25 km, gaining 1113 metres in the process.
The mountains offer many other activities from hiking, mountain biking, mountain climbing and there are many 4×4 trails to keep your adrenalin going. There is also a famous pony and horse riding trail through the mountains.
For the more adventurous, there is paragliding, hang-gliding which will allow you the opportunity of the magnificent views of this spectacular area that has breathtaking views
On your safe return to Clarens, you may enjoy plenty of other attractions at your own leisure time, before you settle for another luxurious night.
Day 3: Clarens to Johannesburg ( 300km )
Sadly this is the end of this wonderful trip,
Never the less, have a look at our guided tours and book one now!
End of tour
Your tour has come to an end.
The return time to the Wild Hogs – African Motorcycle Tours address at 17:00 pm.
We assure you that you will head for home taking fond memories of South Africa back with you.
Transfers to the airport will be arranged.
Dates: Unguided Tours can be done anytime.
Prices are per person sharing. If you require your own private room please add a single supplement.
Should you be bringing a pillion/passenger please add pillion price to the base price.
Prices are quoted in South African Rands (ZAR). Please use our currency converter to check the amount in your own currency.
This tour can be guided on request for a minimum of 3 motorcycles. Add the guide option to your base price should you require one as well as a backup vehicle.
Bike (Base Price)
Should you wish to extend or design a tour, please contact us with your request and we will get back to you.
The Price includes:
- Accommodation is subject to change subject to availability but will be replaced with similar accommodation (4 *)
- All Accommodation includes breakfast and dinner
- All prices are quoted in Rands
- Prices quoted are valid until 30 November 2018
- A security deposit of $1,112.41 on each BMW motorcycle is payable on pick up of the motorcycle and is refunded upon return of the motorcycle
- The riders must have a valid motorcycle licence containing their photograph and signature and must be printed or authenticated in English
- All fuel and unlimited mileage is included on guided tours
- Top boxes and panniers are included in the price
- Should anyone require accessories such as helmets and jackets this is also included in the price
- The price of the guide and the backup vehicle is based on a minimum of 3 persons/motorcycles, should there be less than 3 persons/motorcycles it will be adjusted accordingly
This Price does not include:
- Tour Guide
- Back up vehicle
- Petrol and toll fees
- Visas and cross border fees
- International and local flights
- Items of a personal nature
- All items not mentioned in “Price includes”
- All meals other than those specified in “Price includes”
- All Entrance fees other than those specified in “Price includes”