From only $1,174.14 per person
This eye-opening journey into South Africa Swaziland and St Lucia promise ample face time with the region’s famed wildlife and life-changing contact with the people who make this land their home. Here, you’ll marvel at hippos in their natural habitat and dine on local favourites and amazing meals. Imagine yourself able to soar above one of the planet’s most majestic rainforests, experiencing what almost seems like a first-hand movie-reel of nature’s exotic beauty.
|Arrive in South Africa- Bonus Night|
|Johannesburg to Magoebaskloof|
|Magoebaskloof to Hazyview Via Panorama Route|
|Hazyview/Kruger National Park day|
|Hazyview to Swaziland|
|Swaziland to St Lucia|
|St Lucia Leisure day|
|St Lucia to Johannesburg|
Day 1: Johannesburg to Magoebaskloof (400 km )
An amazing 4hr’s ride will take us to the land of Magoebaskloof adventures in Limpopo Province where the mountain meets the river, home of the legendary rain queen.
Our suggestions are :
- A visit to the wildlife rehabilitation centre and the Elephant Museum are extremely interesting.
- Experience the thrill of sliding through the forest on a 2.5 hour Tarzan and Jane style adventure. Or take a scenic walk to the waterfall.
- Take a tour at Wegraakbosh Organic Cheese Dairy. Taste and watch cheese being made in the traditional way.
This wonderful destination offers a range of adventures and activities.
A perfect ending to your adventurous day at one of the most luxurious local hotels.
Day 2: Magoebaskloof to Hazyview Via Panorama Route ( 260 km )
This 3 hr’s ride after good night’s rest and breakfast through the beautiful mountainous area in the Limpopo Province.
Hazyview/Sabie is known as the main hub in Mpumalanga for Adventures and Activities. It is also a motorcyclists paradise.
Below we prepared a must-see list for you :
- Elephant back Safari- This is a unique and memorable experience of interacting with Africa’s gentle giants.
- Hot Air Balloon Flights-Flights last approximately 1 hour. Depending on the wind direction, the balloon may flat over fruit orchards and bush, or forests and hills.
- River Rafting- A memorable experience along the river through the natural bush of the Sabie River Valley is a break in the heart of nature.
- A tour to the Sabie Valley Coffee plant showing the complete method of manufacturing coffee and allowing a chance to taste the finished product as well as purchase this great taste to take home.
- A visit to Shangana Cultural Village where local craftspeople work and trade their crafts at the busy African market it’s a must!
- An optional quad bike ride through trails in the area is also available. Enjoy the great experience and excitement of riding through scenic rivine areas, indigenous bush and farmlands in and around Sabie River Valley.
This is followed by a luxury stay at the Hippo Hollow Country Estate Hotel on the banks of the Sabie River with a taste of Shangana Culture.
Day 3: Hazyview / Kruger National Park day ( 20 km )
After a good night’s rest a short drive to one of the largest game reserves in Africa-Kruger National Park.
It covers an area of 19,485 square kilometres in the provinces of Limpopo and Mpumalanga.
All the Big Five game animals are found at Kruger National Park, which has more species of large mammals than any other African game reserve.
Truly the flagship of the South African National Parks, Kruger is home to an impressive number of species: 336 trees, 49 fish, 34 amphibians, 114 reptiles, 507 birds and 147 mammals. Man’s interaction with the Lowveld environment over many centuries – from bushman rock paintings to majestic archaeological sites like Masorini and Thulamela – is very evident in the Kruger National Park.
Our organized Kruger Safari adventure will leave you with unforgettable memories for a lifetime.
At our return to Hazyview, you will have leisure time afternoon and evening to prepare us for another amazing day ahead.
Kruger National Park
Day 4: Hazyview to Swaziland Via Kaapschehoop and Barberton ( 300 km )
Stay over in Swaziland
We are departing for the Kingdom of Swaziland. 3hr’s ride thru mountain route via Piggs Peak and Mbabane and decent into the scenic Ezulwini Valley.
Cultural Day filled with amazing views
- Discover Yebo Art Gallery
- Traditional Swazi Craft Markets
- Swazi Cultural Village
- Mbabane Market
We will end our exciting day at one of the best value rated accommodations.
Day 5: Swaziland to St Lucia ( 300 km )
Departing from Swaziland we travel to the Greater St Lucia Wetland Park, now called Isimangaliso Wetland Park. In the late afternoon, we enjoy a relaxing boat cruise on the lagoon, the best place to spot the range of wildlife here, including hippo and rich birdlife.
St Lucia, about 300 kilometres from Swaziland in northern KwaZulu-Natal, forms part of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park and its estuary has one of the highest concentrations of hippos and crocodiles in southern Africa.
St. Lucia Aerial Tram: This once in a lifetime joyride allows you to experience St. Lucia from an aerial view as high as 120 feet (37 meters) above ground, and includes narration on its plush fauna, waterfalls, tree orchids, ferns, and amazing animal-life.
The aerial tram is a comfortable experience that allows up to eight people per tram, perfect for bringing along the entire family. You can also feel free to enjoy drinks in the tram’s bar, including one that is complimentary.
The spectacular open-air tour, which rides through the forest treetops for two and a half hours, is not only a visually stimulating experience but with the help of a handy professional naturalist, is an educational one as well.
This evening we enjoy some Zulu culture, taking a tour to a local homestead and stopping in at a shebeen (informal pub) to try some home-brewed Ilala Palm beer, a speciality of Zululand.
St. Lucia Estuary
Day 6: St Lucia Leisure day
Visit the St Lucia Crocodile Centre at the entrance to iSimangaliso Wetland Park and see various African and exotic crocs, American alligators, tortoises, snakes and there’s a cycad garden to walkabout.
- St Lucia’s Isiphaphalazi Butterfly House-See the displays of indigenous butterfly species and there are walking trails an interpretation room, tea garden and plant nursery to enjoy while you’re there.
- Stop in at Chané Cheese Farm and Lodge to sample homemade organic cheeses. There’s also a coffee shop that serves breakfast and light lunches and you’ll probably spend a while in the gift shop with its quaint wares. You will love the goat-milking opportunities and educational tour.
- Veyane Cultural Village- On a cultural village tour you’ll experience what it’s like in a traditional Zulu community of the Khula Village (just outside St Lucia), complete with huts, singing performances and daily life re-enactments.
- And if you are up to it, we can Ride to Cape Vidal (through iSimangaliso Wetland Park), a renowned fishing and snorkelling spot (at low tide) or just enjoy the unique bush and beach experience in this sheltered bay.
A wonderful stayover and rest before our morning departure back to Johannesburg.
St. Lucia beach
Day 7: St Lucia to Johannesburg ( 600 km )
End of tour
We eventually finish off in Johannesburg after 6 wonderful days filled with excellent cuisine and many activities!
Your tour has come to an end.
The return time to the Wild Hogs – African Motorcycle Tours address at 17:00 pm.
We assure you that you will head for home taking fond memories of South Africa back with you.
Transfers to the airport will be arranged.
Dates: Unguided Tours can be done anytime
Prices are per person sharing. If you require your own private room please add a single supplement.
Should you be bringing a pillion/passenger please add pillion price to the base price.
Prices are quoted in South African Rands (ZAR). Please use our currency converter to check the amount in your own currency.
Bike (Base Price)
Should you wish to extend or design a tour, please contact us with your request and we will get back to you.
The Price includes:
- Accommodation is subject to change subject to availability but will be replaced with similar accommodation (4 *)
- All Accommodation includes breakfast and dinner
- All prices are quoted in Rands
- Prices quoted are valid until 30 November 2018
- A security deposit of $1,112.41 on each BMW motorcycle is payable on pick up of the motorcycle and is refunded upon return of the motorcycle
- The riders must have a valid motorcycle licence containing their photograph and signature and must be printed or authenticated in English
- All fuel and unlimited mileage is included on guided tours
- Top boxes and panniers are included in the price
- Should anyone require accessories such as helmets and jackets this is also included in the price
- The price of the guide and the backup vehicle is based on a minimum of 3 persons/motorcycles, should there be less than 3 persons/motorcycles it will be adjusted accordingly
This Price does not include:
- Tour Guide
- Back up vehicle
- Petrol and toll fees
- Visas and cross border fees
- International and local flights
- Items of a personal nature
- All items not mentioned in “Price includes”
- All meals other than those specified in “Price includes”
- All Entrance fees other than those specified in “Price includes”